Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some suggestions for my first map

Guild Novice

Found Ravis guide! Its in his signature...

Hi IDB,

Hope you find the guide to city creation useful, I'm working on an update but I got distracted by playing Skyrim

Unfortunately you cannot 'save' an individual city within RPGCC, you can only save the settings which will produce a new city everytime you click generate. I assume that it works off a random seed number but as far as I can tell, you do not have the option of putting in your own seed number.

So all you can do is export a .bmp of your city and you can get much better resolution than a 3200 px square bitmap. See the window above the resolution window which says divide section into .... 1X1 up to 15 X 15. So with the maximum resolutions you can get a map of 3200 x 15 = 48,000 px square which is more than you will ever need. However if you choose anything over 1X1 the bitmaps are generated as tiled images. You can easily assemble these in GIMP by making a canvas of the total size of the image and using snapping.

To anti-alias the result check out this tutorial

http://www.phong.com/tutorials/anti-alias/

it's for photshop but you may be able to get it to work in Gimp.

Best

Ravs

Guild Novice

Unfortunately my very slow computer will not allow for much bigger pictures but as soon as I get a new one I will try to make cities with bigger resolutions. I tried to get the antialiasing work but I have to admit that it didnt turn out for me. I will need to find a online Gimp antialiasing tutorial...

I used some of the advice from this thread (textures and colors and the Tree Thing) for my next map. Worked out fine:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Therb.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	43988

That is a pretty nice style you use. The roads are much better. I'd like to see more of your city maps.

Guild Novice

Thank you! I just finished another map and put it into a new thread. Its a bit different this time, because I wanted to do something not quick & dirty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12