Thread: Antique/Tolkien-style Map in GIMP

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Cirias's Avatar

Tutorial Antique/Tolkien-style Map in GIMP

Sorry guys, this tutorial is no longer available. I will give back with a new one soon!

~ Cirias
    Last edited by Cirias; 02-08-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Hi Cirias, wow, your first post is a Tutorial. That's an ambitious way to introduce yourself! Well welcome to the Portal at any rate, and thanks for your contribution. One suggestion I have is that you should include screenshots of (a) the map-making process, and (b) the final result, so that people can see what your tutorial will help them accomplish, as well as what their map should look like at intermediate steps.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Hi arsheesh, thanks for your comments. There are screenshots available as a small ZIP file, mentioned at the beginning of the tutorial and a final GIMP file is also available which shows the final result. I didn't include the screenshots with the text because Wordpress isn't the best for that sort of thing Hope you enjoyed reading through

Hi everyone, just to let you know that Part Two of this tutorial is now available on my blog here.

Christina Densmore

I tried the tutorial out and it was really easy to follow even without the screen shots. I think my mountains still need work, but I'm still impressed that I could come out with a map that looks this decent. Thanks for the tutorial.

Glad you had a go at the tutorial and made something good with it The third and final part will be on its way this coming Tuesday. I'll update this thread when it's here.

The third and final part of the tutorial is now live here!

I'm new here, and this tutorial really helped me. It was exactly the kind of thing I needed ! Thank you very much

Failed to download files Please can you share them with some other service?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirias View Post
    Hey guys, I have a brand new tutorial up on my blog which teaches you how to create an antique/Tolkien-inspired map in GIMP. You can check it out at the links below:

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

The tutorial in full: Fantasy Mapmaking

Cheers!

So sorry ! all links are dead !