Thread: Hey everyone!

Default Hey everyone!

Hi! I registered on this site because most of the work done here is amazing.

I'm not a cartographer myself, but I could use your help to make the world I want to create come more alive.

To say some things about myself, I'm from Quebec, so english is my second language. I hope it's not that obvious. I'm a bit of a geek. Comics fan, sci-fi fan, medieval fantasy fan. I love video games, mainly RPGs, and I mostly listen to metal music.

Except from these hobby, I like to write. To date, I only wrote things about Dragon Ball (which I'm a big fan) but I want to start something original in a medieval fantasy world. I then started researching sites that builds random maps, but didn't find any that was at my taste. I tried Fractal Terrain but I sucked and failed hard.

I'll probably ask for maps sometime soon, when I'll have a good idea what I want everything to look like.

I hope that maybe I'll become a decent maper by being in contact with you (even if that's not the main goal) and that you will be able to help me build my world.

Welcome to the Guild LiterateOrc. Sounds like you are not so much interested in creating your own maps, but in commissioning them from other artists, is that right? If so, Id encourage you to read through this thread.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thank you! I already read the tread. I'm trying to do this the best I can. I don't want to look like a parasite... I'd like very much to do maps (I already tried in fact), but I'm not talented. When I'll have a PC at home (I'm at the library right now... Sucks...) I'll probably try again and maybe get better by reading all of your advice and tips.

Oh, well in that case, if you are hoping to improve your own map making skills you are in good company. Don't feel discouraged if your skills aren't all that you'd like the to be at this point. You have to begin somewhere. I'd recommend browsing through the tutorials and working your way through one or two of them. When you feel a bit more confident, post up one of your works in progress and I'm sure the good people here at the Guild would be happy to offer helpful advice.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

bienvenu mon brave Ici cette tous comme arsheesh a dit en haut. Oui je suis a Montreal, mais, je croix, bien evident un tete carre

Welcome to the Guild LiterateOrc, it is the Mappiest Place on the Web
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Thank you! I'm from Montreal too. I moved out to Quebec not long ago.