Thread: WiP: Athas - Tyr Region

Default WiP: Athas - Tyr Region

Not sure where this is going, but: A friend of mine is a big Dark Sun fan, I want her to run it for our group someday soon, and...she has a birthday coming up. So, I started work on this. It won't be done for her birthday (Saturday) but maybe it'll be a belated present.

This is just the background and a sketch based on the original boxed-set map. Some place names have yet to be deciphered because I don't own the original...just the WOTC PDF I bought a while back before they stopped selling old stuff in PDF.

We'll see how it develops. I don't even know what style I'm going to do at this point.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Athas---Tyr-Region.jpg 
Views:	1548 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	39509  

I'm a big fan of DS, I'm sure anxious to see how this turns out

Pretty cool!

ANy more work on this completed?

Eh. No. Not really. Turns out I grabbed a 4E map as a ref...whereas my friend is a 2E Dark Sun fan, and there are quite a few differences. I'm going to have to start over on it someday. Might be a while until I pull it out of the circular file, however.
    M

Guild Adept

Dark Sun brings back memories! Never did get to really finish those college adventures.

Our next D&D outing will be to Athas, hopefully. My co-GM has agreed to run a game for us (using Pathfinder and the 3.5E update to Dark Sun). I've never played in that world before but am looking forward to it. On second thought, maybe I will finish this map after all! NB, she has all of the old Dark Sun stuff, including the beautiful GM screen and the cloth map (now framed) from the original boxed set.
    M