Thread: Cartographers' Guild Gnome 3 theme?

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Cartographers' Guild Gnome 3 theme?

I've been learning a lot of linux lately...bouncing back and forth from distro to distro on my laptop, and have recently settled on OpenSUSE. It's running Gnome 3.2 and will hopefully be getting the 3.4 update soon enough. I have been fooling around with some Gnome themes, and figured out how to customize them a little bit, and thought about making a Cartographers' Guild theme.

I've become quite fond of these colors, and often wondered what it would be like to have my computer set up the same way...and now that's possible. What I'm wondering is if any of you would be interested in something similar? if I were to make a guild theme, would anyone download it? Of course you'd have to switch to a Gnome 3 supporting linux distro.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

I use linux quite a bit too tho I like dark themes myself. But I think it would be a cool idea to have a guild theme if you can be bothered to make it up.

So why did you settle on OpenSUSE ? Lots of people went for Ubuntu until they hit that Unity thing and people have been abandoning it like rats of a sinking ship. Lots going over to linux Mint instead which still runs on Gnome desktop. Tho I haven't tried Mint it looks good since both it and Ubuntu were forked from Debian which I am more comfortable with. We used to use SUSE in the Enterprise thing at a place I worked since lots of mainframes/clusters run it.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

We have once ubuntu box in my ooffice and all the others are CentOs and 1 Fedora

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Redrobes I'm running pretty old hardware on my laptop. I started with Linux Mint but had some compatibility problems (specifically with EagleCad) and decided to start exploring some other distros...I tried linux mint debian edition, but found out the rolling distro was a bit behind the times (still running gnome 2)...So then I tried Debian and it wasn't bad, but it also had some compatibility issues...I tried Ubuntu but it was SOOO slow and clunky on my old hardware. Then we got mixed up with some folks at another simulator lab that were developing an IG for the navy...they were building for SUSE, and said it would be easy to keep us updated if we wanted to try it, but there would be delays if we were running a different distro, so I figured I'd throw it on my laptop and see what I thought, and right off the bat it was cleaner, faster, and the software/package center is easier too...I'm very pleased with YaST, and Eagle Cad installed after needing only one dependency (instead of three from the other distros).

I'll probably start with gnome-shell. It should be fairly easy to theme gnome-shell since its CSS based...but GTK3 is going to take some time to learn.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin