Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pirate Cove

Are the posted images at the full size you work at, or have they been downsized? Along with that, what is the brush size you are using?

Thanks,

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

They are at half the size I work at. The images themselves are at 2000x2000px which is pretty much the limit of what I can get away with using in maptool. I'm using a 2-3px ink brush size for the outlining.

This is really coming together nicely. I love the deep rich water color effect you are using. It gives it a real organic feel.

Is that a passage between the to camps I see on the left? That is a great way to allow movement and still have some control. Neat idea!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

The cave entrances are actually to the cave where they stored the loot - the one that now has ankhegs or some similar nasty in it. Actually a bulette would be a fairly ironic nasty to put in there...

Anyway, it was the treasure cave because it had equal access from both factions section of the cove. I also envisages it as a hole bored through the cliff by the see when it was higher, or drilled through by the stream/river before it changed course in the past.

Anyway, here is the current WIP.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cove2.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	3220

The ink lines have been done for the structures. No lines for the terrain though. These will go in after I have coloured them to add texture at that stage. Also, the ink lines here are black, I'll change them to a semi-overlay layer later.

Okay, all the large blocks of colour have been added. Not sure about all the intensities, opaqueness yet. Any comments very welcome.

Name:	cove2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	654.0 KB 
ID:	3232

I concur, I can see the differences between the elevations already in the color differentiation, but the fact they are cliffs is still not readily apparent.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Fair enough. That'll be my task for this evening then. Any ideas? I'm thinking a brown/grey tone laid on or under a burn layer around the edge of the cliffs. I'd like to avoid any further ink lines, but it may be necessary in the end.

I would like to see it done without the lines as well. I think if the cliff face is a lighter brown/green and the floor below is a darker brown/green with a gradient where they meet that may be enough to make the eye see the cliff for what it is.

I have been playing a little with the cliffs. I am not happy yet but here are two separate styles. Not too sure how to progress from here.

Name:	cove3.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	3241Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cove4.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	3242

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast