Thread: First project - any advice for keeping to scale?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question First project - any advice for keeping to scale?

Hello all!

I am new to the site. Amazing site, by the way.

I am about to indulge on my first map project. The thing is it is ginormous. It is/was a campaign map that is rough 40x32inches. It it was hand drawn originally and to scale and everything. I have scanned it in and am working with the scan file to make it look beautiful in color and and all of that.

I liked Pasi's map tutorial a lot so I am going to try and use that for this project. The original was done on hexagonal paper and is to scale at 10 miles per hexagaon. I didn't draw the original, but I am creating this full scale, full color, map so that I can print it out and give it to the original artist as a gift.

I am fairly new to photoshop, but I Just got CS5 a couple weeks ago. I have some experience with Fireworks and other graphic programd and etc, so I'm not a total newb. BUt I am also doing this to learn photoshop as well. Already having a blast doing it, and playing around with stuff.

So in a nutshell, do you have any tips/tricks/advice as far as working on HUGE sized maps as opposed to smaller ones to get the best results?

Will get pix eventually to post, too.

Edit:

It is 10748 x 8504
    Last edited by zahlprish; 04-13-2012 at 07:14 PM.