Thread: The Prakani Empire

Default The Prakani Empire

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prakani.jpeg 
Views:	112 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	44392

This is a map of the world (unamed) from my forthcoming book "Ouroboros".

As you can see, it's seriously rough. Originally I drew it after the first draft of the novel was finished which was OK at the time because all the action was just in two cities. I had to draw the map and place all the features I mentioned and of course I got some wrong. I lost the map and only found it again while cleaning. It needs a redraw which I'm working on.

Most of the map is covered by the Prakani Empire, with only the western edges and the Seventeen Kingdoms not under it's control. The few interior features I named are named after places in Inida to sound exotic.

Nearly everyone travels by magic so I never really thought about a scale to the map. I am thinking now it's roughly four to five times the size of Scandinavia.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prakani2.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	44711

The first draft of the redrawn map. Next I'll add place names. The next draft will include names of cities, regions, etc.

The map is sparse because I don't like a lot of clutter when I am using a map for writing. I'll add things as I need them. This is one reason why this map will never be published. Too much empty space.