Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baerun North Kingdom

Thank you all for the kind words and here is the latest version. I have corrected most of the mistakes made with previous work phases and added some more coloring depth.
    The original idea behind the spiral formation was to emphase that this represents a fantacy world and doesn't try to be a perfect replication of our world. There are also an island that has a shape of a human skull and I plan on adding several land formations that represents something else.

The heightmap was done using Geocontrol. I rendered over 30 maps with it and combined the best parts into this piece. If anyone is interested on heightmap basics, you find my short tutorial by following this link: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?16688
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP-4.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	44049  

Here is an example with full resolution. I'm happy with the colors and the diversity of ground textures. As a small side comment, you can see the markings on the ground left from the last ice age I was not able to produce them good enough in the higher mountains, but in these low erodent mountains, those came out quite ok.

Name:	WIP-5.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	624.1 KB 
ID:	44077  

Guild Adept

Ice Age scratches... now you're just showing off! LOL. Wonderful stuff, not that I'd expect less from you considering the body of work I've seen.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

I need to learn how to do that, mind blown, sir. mind blown.
    This cavern is below all, and is the foe of all. It is hatred, without exception. This cavern knows no philosophers; its dagger has never cut a pen. Its blackness has no connection with the sublime blackness of the inkstand. Never have the fingers of night which contract beneath this stifling ceiling, turned the leaves of a book nor unfolded a newspaper.

Here is another update. Added rivers and some lakes and starting to plant some forest.

Name:	WIP-6.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	44167  

Show-off meant in the absolutely best sense of the world. It's stunning. Really gorgeous. I'm half-way tempted to just steal it for my next D&D campaign and do the labels myself

Yeafh, that's looking very stunning. Love the rivers and lakes.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whoa. Very nice. Have rep!

I will give a close look to that tutorial. I just get the impression that the "lines" are all directed like this / , I don't know if you get what I mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukc View Post
    Show-off meant in the absolutely best sense of the world. It's stunning. Really gorgeous. I'm half-way tempted to just steal it for my next D&D campaign and do the labels myself
    You are most welcome to use this in your games. I sure have snatched some of your work to my inspiration folder

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast