Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Continent of Panorica

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mateus090985's Avatar

Map Continent of Panorica

Hehe is the almost finished map of my GURPS Dungeon Fantasy RPG game: the continent of Panorica

Attachment 44101

The detail work on those mountains is amazing! One thing that stands out though is that the textures don't appear to be well blended. In particular, the forests look incongruous with their surrounding terrain. You might try fading the edges of the textures a bit. However I don't really see a good fix for those forests. I'd recommenced just sticking with your individual tree icons.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the input Arsheesh! One thing that I am trying to do is to recale the forest textures.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

You seem to have a bunch of rivers that just disappear into mountains. They originate from one mountain, flow into another. While your couple of dead-end lakes do happen in real life (Though they will be VERY salty; cities and fishermen will not be using that water for anything), i would suggest fixing the rivers.
    This cavern is below all, and is the foe of all. It is hatred, without exception. This cavern knows no philosophers; its dagger has never cut a pen. Its blackness has no connection with the sublime blackness of the inkstand. Never have the fingers of night which contract beneath this stifling ceiling, turned the leaves of a book nor unfolded a newspaper.

Here is a new version:

Attachment 44307

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

The rivers look much better! There is one spot though where it looks as if one river goes through a mountain ... looking harder at it I could tell that it was two rivers, but you may want to move one or the other slightly to emphasize that they're separate. It's right to the east of the big lake.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

There is one river that flows from Izwar to Qatun that makes no sense, as well as one west of Shahre. There is a small one near Castello Jahra.
    This cavern is below all, and is the foe of all. It is hatred, without exception. This cavern knows no philosophers; its dagger has never cut a pen. Its blackness has no connection with the sublime blackness of the inkstand. Never have the fingers of night which contract beneath this stifling ceiling, turned the leaves of a book nor unfolded a newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaithion View Post
    There is one river that flows from Izwar to Qatun that makes no sense, as well as one west of Shahre. There is a small one near Castello Jahra.
    The one west of Shahre was intentional. It continues to flow underground. About the Qatun - Izwar was my fault... I really did not noticed it until now! But I dont know if I can change major rivers at this stage without redoing a lot of others things... I will see what I can do to my 1.8 (and probably final) version. Thanks everybody for the comments, even the ones that I did not responde or did not implemented on the map. I appreciate all your tips, but some of them will give me a lot of work and this was a "fast" and "steriotipal" map for a fast and steriotipal fantasy game =)

Does anybody have some sugestion how to fix the Qatun - Izwar river without changing the placement of the twons and the fertile area?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I'd just wave my hands and call it magic, since this is supposed to be fast and is pretty nearly done. Izwar has a deeeeeeep deeeep well that swallows the river before it hits the mountains. Then just take the river lessons learned to the next map.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast