Thread: Hi everyone!!!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected babayaya's Avatar

Default Hi everyone!!!

So this have been quite some time I come here back and forth,
    Playing RPG's since 1984 and drawing maps since then by hands....
    I've always dreamed of having a good software helping me for this, but never took the step to have one...
    Laziness??
    Anyway, yannick, 40 years old french, working as a project manager in steel structures and back to the rpg hobby after some pauses...
    SO I come here to discuss and who knows?

anyway, nice to meet you all.

Welcome to the Guild Babayaya, you have come to the right place to scratch that map-making itch. There are some good discussions here on mapping software, as well as many tutorials on map-making in various styles (for different programs), so feel free to browse. Also, if you end up trying any of them out, it's a good idea to put up your work in progress so that you can receive helpful feedback.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice Facebook Connected babayaya's Avatar

Thanks a lot arsheesh, I was just looking at your maps...... awesome!!!
    By the time I joined in I had Gimp, and now i'm loocking at the post discussing about this sofware...
    The main problem for me is that i am used with chinese ink/rotrings or autocad, so i'll have to convert me with the Gimp logic...
    not easy it seems....
    i'll need to go find the basic tutorial for it and then come back to better understand what is said about the manipulations...
    i already have a enormous map to convert in file but I think it'll be long...
    thanks anyway
    cheers.
    babayaya

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome! If you have CAD experience, you may find Campaign Cartographer a good fit. It's based on FastCAD, if I remember correctly.