Thread: Hey Guys, looking forward to your advice and help.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Hey Guys, looking forward to your advice and help.

Hey members,

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I think it's awesome there is a website devoted to cartography, real or fantasy. I have a nation that I have been developing for a few years so this website will definitely help me further that cause. I already have a town list made out for my nation but I need to still name it and will definitely be on the look out for anyone willing to make a realistic map (Rand McNally roadmap style) of my nation (paid). It's a nation the size of Australia located in the middle of the Atlantic between North America and Europe. It was first settled by Europeans in 1509 and was colonized and settled by in various areas of the island by the Spanish, French, Dutch, Belgians, and English.

Hi there Nonpareil, welcome to the Guild. As to finding an artist for your map, I'd recommend first reading this read me and then checking out the Finished Maps sections to see if you can find the style you are looking for. Many of us here have a link to our finished maps in our signatures as well, so you can always check out people's portfolios that way as well. Best wishes in finding a cartographer that will suite your purposes.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh