Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tomb of the Earthlich

YodA - I like it!

But wouldn't it be easier to buy a second hand tripod from ebay? You can point those vertically down, can't you? (although I've never tried with mine).

You mean: 'In the way, legs tend to get', surely? .

But even if you er...spread your legs wide enough? It would bring the camera lower, but might be a bit unweildy I guess. The solution you posted is much more elegant (and looks cooler too).
    The other thing I was thinking of was a joby 'gorilla' (picture below) which binds to most things, so you could just use the edge of a chair or something.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joby_gorilla_pod.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	3411  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

that's really cool.. but 20 pounds... that's like... 45 $ .... I'm thinking that the PVC idea is a little cheaper route ...

oh well... now that is a different story .... i believe i'm going to have to check that out thanks rav

The other (practical) reasons I like the PVC stand is that it is repeatable (and I can use a standard correction to compensate for barrel distortion in the lens) at one of the fixed height stops, and I know it is shooting square to the page.

(plus I had done some work around the house and had leftover supplies. Only needed to purchase end caps and a few T's.)

-Rob A>

Wip

I was playing around with Turgenev's style of mapping and applied it to a digital version of the tomb... this is just what I have so far
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	earthtomb.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	371.8 KB 
ID:	3515  

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Nice Maps man, Two Hints with digital, Using a incadescent bulb and lighting it right will give you pic a old fashioned yellow look, which is cool, also if you can do it right, take a picture with flash in Pitch Black, it'll be hard to position but if done properly it pay's off well.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

I'll keep that in mind the next time I take some pics of my maps..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast