Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unnamed Lighthouse adventure

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Its a very nice map. It deserves some love and attention

I took the liberty of straightening it out and cleaning it up. Tell me what you think?

To delgondahntelius's Lighthouse 1st floor

Love to see the other levels.

Sigurd
    I'm flattered you too the time to devote attention to the map. is that some watercolor? looks great ... gives it an inkwashed look that I would be afraid to do to the original (inkwashing is really a mistakeless medium even more so than ink and pen)

As I get them inked in I'll post them up here

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Ah okay. Hellhound is a forum member that has a very similar style to the one you are using here. Check out this thread for his underdark maps.

As for ink washing, after they are digital it's pretty simple to do a quick colour in Gimp or Photoshop. That at least is a method you can make mistakes and go back with

I really love your drawing style, delgondahntelius! Have some Rep too
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Torstan ... Thank you for the link, Hell hound has a nice style that I like... I wonder why? heh... I can see where you made a connection with my and his maps... moreso with my earthtomb map I think... I take it as a compliment as his maps are excellent

Yes, digital is the new fad it seems... but I think it will pass... lol. I love photoshop and I'm a PSP user from way back when layers were invented... if only my pen and paper had a 'add new layer' button... oh why cruel world have you cursed me with such restrictions!!!

jaer -- Thank you for the high regards and for the Rep as well... May the rep be with you... always. (that's two SW references this morning.... I sense something strange in the force...)

----
    Nobody cared to guess where the influence of this particular map came from, this top floor anyway... mayhap there isn't as many oldschool gamers as I thought....

I have to say that this is a very stylish map. The fact that is hand drawn makes it even more fantastic! I've been spending too much time on the computer, I really need to draw something again. This was one of the first maps I looked at when I came to these boards.

Keep up the great work, delgondahntelius.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Turgenev... Thank you for the kind words... I find it difficult to split time between hand drawn paper and computer time ... lol... I usually get frustrated with Illustrator or PS and just turn around and pick up my pen and ink something while muttering curses .... but I do appreciate the compliment!

Del

All this talk of drawing has inspired me to pick up my pencil and try to draw a town map (the 'Town of Chirold' for my AD&D game). Course I haven't actually started drawing yet. I'm still working out the background details before I get that far.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

You know.. I've found that I sketch out the basics of a town (usually based on geography and location) and then start on background work and filling out the town with people and NPC's ... I've found it easier that way than the other way around.. but that could just be me...

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    You know.. I've found that I sketch out the basics of a town (usually based on geography and location) and then start on background work and filling out the town with people and NPC's ... I've found it easier that way than the other way around.. but that could just be me...
    Sometimes I just start drawing and that helps me work out my ideas, other times I plan ahead. In this case, I have a few ideas of specific buildings to place in this town so I'm working out those ideas before I start drawing anything.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Can't wait to see what you get down on paper

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast