Hi Everyone!

I am so happy I found this website! I am almost done writing a book that will be published by Simon and Schuster. I don't know if they will want to use the map, although my editor suggested it would be a good idea, so there is a definite chance. The novel isn't SciFi or Fantasy, although I adore both of those and read them often. It's set from 1920-1967 in Northern New Mexico, in the mountains, in a fictional valley. I need a line drawn map. Not as fancy as Tolkien's at the beginning of The Lord of the Rings, but something more like this: http://www.boojum.com/images/lhumbloop.jpg

I don't have a scanner, so I'm not sure how to get my drawing of the valley to you. But I would find a way.

As for payment. I believe in paying people for their time. I have looked through a few of the postings, and I'm having trouble discovering what the going rate is. Can you advise me? I'm solvent, but not rich by any means (writers never are!).

If the map is included in the published book, you will of course get credit. I don't know if they pay illustrators, but I will certainly ask.

Thank you all for considering this!