Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The sun and shadows

Blog Entries

Sounds good to me. Theres too much to do to have big debates or polls about every aspect of the world. Unless anyone objects then I think we should use whatever people bring to the party. Maybe a guiding principle should be that you actually have to submit a substitute of equal strength before you can seriously object to stuff. Picking between two detailed and worthy things would seem better than thinking about whether to dismiss a single option. You could have local calendars and season names anyway, its only whether there are two moons or something of equally global scale that a consensus need be reached.

In the DragonLance series there were three moons of which most people did not know about the third dark one - Nuitari I believe it was called. It's not entirely unreasonable to go with one and later have a second anyway ?

Of our solar system we have a number of easily visible planets of which I have never seen Mercury even though its very bright and we don't even have magic to factor in.

Great - sounds like a plan to me. It will likely need a bit of tweaking in order to completely mesh with this world, but it should work nicely I would think.

I'll throw it on the flash drive and give it a more thorough look when I've got a bit more time tonight. That is, unless NeonKnight wants to do the tweaking - it is his baby afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Sounds good to me. Theres too much to do to have big debates or polls about every aspect of the world. Unless anyone objects then I think we should use whatever people bring to the party. Maybe a guiding principle should be that you actually have to submit a substitute of equal strength before you can seriously object to stuff. Picking between two detailed and worthy things would seem better than thinking about whether to dismiss a single option. You could have local calendars and season names anyway, its only whether there are two moons or something of equally global scale that a consensus need be reached.

In the DragonLance series there were three moons of which most people did not know about the third dark one - Nuitari I believe it was called. It's not entirely unreasonable to go with one and later have a second anyway ?

Of our solar system we have a number of easily visible planets of which I have never seen Mercury even though its very bright and we don't even have magic to factor in.
    This sounds like a great idea! - After all existing work can always be tweaked if necessary.

Sure, I can tweak.

I got most of the stuff I did by making most of it up and basing some of it on the real world.

The calendar stuff we could use for our Main continental mass, but that is not to say in another part it would be different.

I also calculated all of it so I would end up with an easy to use chart of lunar and solar events so I did not need to worry.

For example, with a year of 364 days, and a week being only 6 days as opposed to seven, I ended up with 12 uniform months of 30 days each, like follows:

Code:
    1  2  3  4  5  6
    7  8  9  10 11 12
    13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24
    25 26 27 28 29 30
    ANyways, wifey home so I need to go to Home Depot, back soon!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Sure, I can tweak.
    Great! If you don't mind, I'm still going to go through it and see if I can't come up with an idea or two as well, though it's fairly well specific enough as it is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123