View Poll Results: Which base map do you think should be used as the world map from which to begin the m

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neonknight 1

1 6.25%
  • Neonknight 2

0 0%
  • Neonknight 3

0 0%
  • Neonknight 4

12 75.00%
  • Redrobes A

0 0%
  • Redrobes B

0 0%
  • Redrobes C

1 6.25%
  • Redrobes D

0 0%
  • Redrobes E

0 0%
  • Redrobes F

0 0%
  • Redrobes G

1 6.25%
  • Redrobes H

1 6.25%

Thread: Thinking Big Project - Base Map Poll

Question Thinking Big Project - Base Map Poll

Many of us are keen to get this show on the road and itching to map. We have had some great suggestions from Neonknight and Redrobes for underlying world maps. I thought we should vote on which one we prefer and then we can move onto the next step of selecting a localised region on the world map, to divide up into mapping blocks.

So here are the options. They can be found in the "Thinking Big About Guild Maps" thread.

Torq
    Last edited by pyrandon; 03-29-2008 at 09:58 AM. Reason: added link
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Personally, I decided to vote for Neon world #1, because I think a giant trade road à la Marco Polo would be great between 2 of the nations. Also it helps to have more than 1 continent so you can create culture with greater difference on each of them with minimum explanation as to why they are so different.

Just my 2 cents,
    Alu.

BTW, I would be interested to participate in that project, more so once I finish my web site.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

It is not possible to post all the options in one post, sequencial posts in this thread to make it easier for lurkers to vote for a map.

Let people vote with their feet. Pick an option and go.

Take a concept, do something with it and return the product to the forum. Let someone else improve it and repeat. Alternately offer your own work for collaboration with someone else.
    Be aware that sharing source files is much larger than sharing a final PNG .

If there is going to be a collection vote on a collection editor \ decision maker if you have to vote.

Oi! Much easier just to roll a die and take the result as the option. Could not decide which one, so rolled my vote.

We have a lot of stickies in this forum now. Since this poll is closed and has no currently useful information, I think it should be unpinned.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

I agree, consider it done.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld