Thread: World- and regionalmap

Map World- and regionalmap

Hey here's my new worldmap (still under progress) and a regionalmap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jalgiro-Carz.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	812.2 KB 
ID:	44279

Name:	worldmapcuviefinal2.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	44280

Name:	Creek ville-sponge.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	209.1 KB 
ID:	44281

Guild Novice

Really like the world map! Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing it finished!

Well, your regional map mixes miles and kilometres, so right off I'd say that's one thing to be careful of, keeping your units constant. Otherwise, the map looks fine for a start, if a little bit bland - although it might just be my laptop screen - but the colours are very muted and the labels very discrete. If this is a style you're aiming for, then you're good with that. It really depends what information you are trying to convey at the world-map level.

Your coastlines look good, if in places very fragmented - but suddenly, NW of your Gulf of Gods, you have a peninsula that seems just incredibly plain and the coastline looks artificial. So, that might need a bit of a tweak.

Guild Adept

The basics are looking pretty good and shaping up well, but I will concur with Lukc on everything mentioned in the above post. The regionals look to be informative and practical, albeit lacking punch. And there are some labels/symbols on the world map that seem to unnecesarrily bump into edges. Solid starts all around.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really like the shape of your continent, that couldbe a cool campaign area. Lots of sea travel and trade, for certain!