Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Toronto

Really nice maps. You've definitely done a LOT of mapping.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Hi Tim!

Nice to see someone here, from close by in RL!

I'll have to find the time to go through your whole site...looks like a lot of work there

-Rob A>
    Hey Rob. Thanks for the welcome. There aren't that many maps on my site yet - only 61 maps and counting but some of them are duplicates/variants. I love drawing maps so there will be many more to come.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by torstan View Post
    Looks like you are a Greyhawk fan. Definitely check out Anna's threads in the regional/world mapping (and also in the featured maps section). They are a sight to behold and could well be useful to you.
    I just checked out Anna's Greyhawk maps - my jaw hit the floor! Wow! Thanks for the head's up.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by The Cartographist View Post
    Really nice maps. You've definitely done a LOT of mapping.
    I feel like I've just started with my mapping 'adventure'. There's so much to learn and try to do yet. I think I found the right place to do all the above.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Link Threads of Interest....

There's a mind numbing amount of stuff to see around here Turgenev, but check out the following threads:

Quindia-- http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...hlight=quindia Mr. Harrison is a gifted illustrator. Your maps look great Turgenev, but his map of the realm of Quindia is jaw dropping--not bad for nearly 30 years of work!

Neonknights Maps-- http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ght=neonknight http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ght=neonknight and http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ght=neonknight
    A great deal of pen and paper drawing with some cad work. Neonknights stuff is oldschool, but in a good way. It brings back pleasant memories of long ago.

Realm of Estalia-- http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...hlight=grobius Mr. Shortling is now deceased, but he turned out an amazing number of plans for castles and structures on his site while he was alive. Estalia was one of the first sites that literally had my jaw hitting the floor from the sheer number of maps.

Maps of the Selandia Campaign-- http://pagesperso-orange.fr/selandia/selandia.htm Another campaign site that blew me away. The maps can look like Bob Ross paintings at times, but they are very colorful and the sheer diversity of them is amazing.

Good luck hunting around the site. If you like maps Turgenev, you've hit the mother lode

Welcome to the Group. Great to have another Canuck in the group
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanks for the welcome, NeonKnight. And thanks to thebax2k for the links. I'm going to enjoy exploring those.

As for myself, I still consider myself a novice map maker since I have only started making new maps in the last couple of months. I used to draw many by hand when I was much younger but then life took over. These days I have found myself rediscovering the fun of map making. I still have lots to learn. I'm looking forward to it.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"The maps can look like Bob Ross paintings at times"

thebax2k - You say that as if it is a bad thing! Bob Ross was the MAN, and it was a sad day indeed when he left this world.

Hi, Tim! Welcome to our hole

I hope to see you posting soon. Take care.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
    Hi, Tim! Welcome to our hole

I hope to see you posting soon. Take care.
    Thanks Pyrandon. Don't worry, I'll be posting soon (as soon as I finish writing this actually *grin*).
    Cheers,
    Tim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast