Thread: USA -> Florida -> Pasco County -> Land O'Lakes

Post USA -> Florida -> Pasco County -> Land O'Lakes

Greetings and well met! I hail you from Land O'Lakes, north of Tampa (which is Hillsborough Country). I'm a few miles north of the Pasco County line on US41. (I mention that because I'm always looking for players for our face-to-face 3.5E D&D campaign! )

I will apologize in advance -- I'm not a map maker. I'm here mostly because RP bullied me and twisted my arm on the MapTool forum. (Just kidding.) He's always making references to the great work done by the community here and my curiosity was finally piqued enough to register and check it out. So far I've seen some pretty impressive stuff and I've been browsing for a few minutes!

My RttToEE campaign is on hiatus due to lack of players so my need for new maps has shrunk considerably. I mostly scan in what I need from modules or download digital maps from Paizo and elsewhere. I know enough about GIMP to do some simple tweaking of images, but again: I'm no map maker.

I have an obsession with computers: programming them, using them as tools, experimenting with new software, and so on. Jack of all trades, master of none. (At least as far as the computer is concerned.)

Welcome Azhrei

I'm sure I recognise you nick from the DM Genie forums. Great to have you here. Have a look around. We are a pretty friendly group too, so dont be afraid to just ask if you need help with anything. As for your gaming group I would sign up were it not for the damn Altantic ocean. I love the elemental evil stuff.

I also started here with little Gimp knowledge and I have really learned a huge amount from the Gimp gurus on this site.

Welcome Again.
    Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Helloe, and nice to meet you (even if that big bad bully RP had a double jiu-jitsu lock on your elbow!). On the one hand you say you're no good at maps, and on the other you say you are a computer guy? I think those two things = still some awesome maps to come! Make sure you post lots of advice and help, and try your hand at the maps and see what you come up with & post those too!

Once again, we're glad you're here!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Hey Azhrei. Nice to see you over here. RPMiller is definitely roping the maptool people over in droves - helped by the bandit camp battlemat.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Hehehe, another falls into my snare.

Welcome aboard Azhrei! I think you'll find you'll be mapping in no time. With the vast amount of incredibly talented folks here, you can't help but be drawn in. (Get it... drawn...)

Now I just need to figure out how to convince more people to check out the RPTools, and then...
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.