Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Toronto

Post Hello from Toronto

Okay, let's see... first some info about myself. I'm Tim and by day I'm a web/graphic designer and by night I'm an avid RPGer and map maker. I used to draw my maps by hand but within the last few months I've switched to using Photoshop to draw my maps.

I do mostly dungeon maps but I have also done a few cavern, fortress and town maps. My style tends towards an old school style with a little extra touches to the maps (but nothing too crazy because I try to keep things printer friendly). I'm enjoying drawing and experimenting with my maps. My maps can be found here:

http://paratime.ca/cartography/

I guess I wanted to say hi and I look forward to exploring these boards.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Welcome to the Guild! I like your Village Map 001. It has a very nice style to it that is simplistic and yet artistic.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Welcome to the Guild! I like your Village Map 001. It has a very nice style to it that is simplistic and yet artistic.
    Thanks for the welcome. As for the village map, I drew it by hand (first with pencil and then inked with pen & sharpie marker). I have the original pinned up on my wall. I would like to draw more when I can find the spare time.
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

I hear you. Definitely continue to share them. This sort of thing is great for getting style ideas and whatnot.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Welcome to the guild Turgenev. Some great stuff on your site. I think you are going to like it here. Dont forget to post as much as you can. Also check out the CWBP. We are always looking for people to get invloved and its a good way to jump right in and get to know some of the good cats here.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Welcome aboard Turgenev. I've been following your map thread on Dragonsfoot for some time now. Both the variety and the sheer number of maps you've managed to turn out is impressive. I shudder to think what a Megadungeon level would look like from you. I hope you do put up a few more levels of the mountain fortess. Good mapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Welcome to the guild Turgenev. Some great stuff on your site. I think you are going to like it here. Dont forget to post as much as you can. Also check out the CWBP. We are always looking for people to get invloved and its a good way to jump right in and get to know some of the good cats here.

Torq
    Thanks Torq. I plan on posting more maps as I make them and I will be checking out the whole site in more detail (I'm always open to learning new ideas and looking at the cool work done here). At this moment, I'm still figuring out what belongs were.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by thebax2k View Post
    Welcome aboard Turgenev. I've been following your map thread on Dragonsfoot for some time now. Both the variety and the sheer number of maps you've managed to turn out is impressive. I shudder to think what a Megadungeon level would look like from you. I hope you do put up a few more levels of the mountain fortess. Good mapping.
    Hey thebax2k! It's good to see another Dragonsfooter here. Designing a megadungeon map doesn't scare me. Writing up and stating the rooms for a megadungeon is what scares me! I'll be revisiting the mountain fortress again (I have a few ideas about the upper levels and the lower 'dungeon' levels).
    Cheers,
    Tim

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Looks like you are a Greyhawk fan. Definitely check out Anna's threads in the regional/world mapping (and also in the featured maps section). They are a sight to behold and could well be useful to you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast