Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Southern Vandunęz

Guild Adept

A tilted plateau look would be very cool... that could be testing my meager photoshop abilities, LOL. But I like that! I haven't yet gotten a plateau I like let alone tilting one, heh heh. Widening those mountains a tad isn't a bad idea either.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Cool map, the mountain ranges are very Mordor-esk. I'd love to see a tilted plateau, but I don't know how you'd do it either. What if, you overlay a height map of a real one and see if you can't work from that? Might work. I like the colors you used. =)
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Looks like a very good start. Looking forward to the final product. It's nice you think so much about tectonics and explanations of things, makes the world much more alive.^^

Guild Adept

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of a good resource for how natural resources are distributed around the world? In particular metals?

And here is the latest version of this continent. The labeling is mostly placeholder I am playing around with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Southern Van.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	46141
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Guild Adept

Quote Originally Posted by Lyandra View Post
    Looks like a very good start. Looking forward to the final product. It's nice you think so much about tectonics and explanations of things, makes the world much more alive.^^
    There is no lack of thought in this world! Someday my daughter will have me committed to an asylum citing this world as evidence of my insanity. The world "exists" as a whole for about 10,000 years with a distinct beginning and end that I probably won't live long enough to fill it all in, LOL.

www.sistercontinents.com

Guild Adept

And also an updated version of the world... again the labels are in progress and some might overlap as they are intended for different versions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World Map .jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	4.32 MB 
ID:	46147  

www.sistercontinents.com

The map is looking good. =)

Your question about ore deposits got me wondering, too, so I did a couple of google searches and found these...

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-mineral-map.htm
    http://www.mosaicsciencemagazine.org...2_06_81_02.pdf
    http://www.d.umn.edu/~pmorton/geol53...snotes2009.pdf

I haven't looked at them in depth yet, but that last one looks quite readable and interesting. If you find anything more useful, I bet it would be a great addition to the reference material forum. Come to think of it, there might already be something there. hmm...
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Guild Adept

Excellent! Those are far better than any info I found in my quickie search, and that's having barely glanced at them, LOL. Very promising stuff.

www.sistercontinents.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12