Thread: Contintent of Viridia, V.1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Contintent of Viridia, V.1

So I'm working on a map of the main continent of my constructed world (pre-space age) and while I think I've got a pretty good thing going here, I'm not sure what I can do about those mountains. I want them to have the same quasi-isometric view as the rest of the elements on the map, but I don't know how I would go about doing that. For reference, I'm using a modified version of RobA's method. The main problem seems to be that the angular gradient tool is very interested in filling exactly to the center of the selection, while I would prefer it tend towards the top without just being a linear fill. Does anyone know how I might go about doing that?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ViridiaNeu.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	44295
    I'm also not particularly happy with using Profantasy symbols. Throwing ideas at the wall for now, but lately I'm a little obsessed with only using resources I could, theoretically, sell; and that really tends to limit one's options. The next best idea I've had involves modifying RPG Maker VX world map tiles. If anyone knows of other ideas there, though, I'm willing to look at anything.

Also, uh, interested in feedback on the map itself! =)

Oh, and if you have any questions about how I did something, I actually did all of this in the past two days (as opposed to half of it six months ago), so I actually remember how I did most of it!

Edit: Oh yeah, and to cut you river sticklers off at the pass; this landmass, and every other landmass in the Emarion universe was made by a god who didn't particularly care about physical laws while he was making the universe. Hence, rivers do not exclusively flow down mountains to the coast.
    Last edited by Eathanu; 04-23-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    Emaria Universe Map - V6 here, old version here
    Emaria Star Maps - here
    Emaira Star Map Tutorial - here