Thread: [WIP] world for Dominium

Guild Novice

Default [WIP] world for Dominium

Hello all,

Some of my friends and I are working on a project on the game Minecraft, we are making a RP medieval/fantasy server. And because we want a complete server, therefore we need a map!
    But not only a map of the world, but also a map for the different regions that compose the world.
    So I'm going to do it!

Following is a rough of the future map I'm planning to do

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	futur map.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	285.3 KB 
ID:	42702

Because it's my first map, I'll be happy to get some input from you all (maybe concerning the placing of the different elements, or how to make it more "realistic")
    Oh yes, I forgot something.
    The style of the map is something based on Sinisteria http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...-Of-Sinisteria
    But off course I'm not willing to have such a good result for now (I'm really not skilled like he does, and mostly concerning the general balance of the map, and also the colors that makes a lot for me).

Thanks all

Edit 1: Ok, that's a long time I've not worked on a map, but I've started a regional map (because it's more "urgent" for the game), and...well just see what I'm willing to do :

Name:	region_atlas.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1,009.6 KB 
ID:	43507

and what I've done so far :

Name:	region_atlas-4.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	44354
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	region_atlas-1.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	734.4 KB 
ID:	43508  
    Last edited by vardekrom; 04-26-2012 at 04:13 PM.

This is a great start. You obviously have some talent for drawing, which helps considerably. Now you just have to polish it up with some CG painting techniques. Here's some useful tutorials. http://10steps.sg/tutorials/photosho...ing-tutorials/ They all can be applied in some way to map making.

Guild Novice

little update