Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mistfell -- Village near Lighthouse *WIP*

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Wip Mistfell -- Village near Lighthouse *WIP*

My unnamed light house adventure features the village of Mistfell, and is a work in progress that I thought I'd post up for some comments and criticisms ) Fire away...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mistfell_full.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	3.66 MB 
ID:	3186  

Another shot

Name:	Mistfell_01.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	3.91 MB 
ID:	3187  

centered part of village

Name:	Mistfell_02.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	3188  

Bridge, Boatwright and Bargeman's Inn and Tavern...

Name:	Mistfell_Bridge-Boatwright-BargemansInn.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	3.91 MB 
ID:	3189  

Wow! This is a beautifully drawn map. I love the style that you are using here. Are you going to scan it in and do coloring in PS, or something?

I like the bridge. Bridges always give me problems.

Quote Originally Posted by landorl View Post
    Wow! This is a beautifully drawn map. I love the style that you are using here. Are you going to scan it in and do coloring in PS, or something?
    --edit: Thank you landorl, I've mentioned my take on style before... I just draw what I Think it might look like and then muck my way through hatching and shading as best I can without trying to mess it up Maybe one day somewhere on a forum much like this ... people will say, wow.. love that map, its very Delgondahntelius-ish in style.... lol--right.

I have thought about it... we finally have a staples and they can scan my B&W art and put it in PDF (i think)... i have a hp photo all in one thingy and it doesn't scan anything so large ...

Once I get the PDF assembled with the adventure the maps and artwork... it will define whether or not I'm going to publish online only or put up the cash for some glossy covered module... and that will also be a deciding factor in whether or not the maps and inside work will be color or b/w ...

But... I might do the color versions anyway for practice and personal use... My PS skills are somewhat limited... I usually get frustrated, throw a tissy and turn around and start mapping with my trusty kohinoor's ... they are my friends
    Last edited by Badger; 05-01-2008 at 06:23 AM. Reason: forgot to say Thankyou!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    I like the bridge. Bridges always give me problems.
    Thanks Publius. I too have problems with bridges... I've done many, many, many, many different sketches of bridges. Not to say that I have any skills in bridge building or architectural engineering ... but I think to keep it simple ... for smaller rivers and streams like this (approx 30' of water) you need supports where the water meets the land and supports at the ends where the road meets the bridge... that's my take on it really

That's a nice village you have there. I take it that the Boatwright is on the right (of the river) and the Inn/Tavern is on the left? Or do I have it the wrong way round (wouldn't surprise me if I do).

I really like the name of Mistfell. I can see the characters standing on the bridge as a fog rolls in from the river and clouds the village in mist.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

You would think that is the way I would have it ... but the inn is on the right, the boatwright on the left. I was thinking of a place to park your barge while you go in and have a nip... but now that its pointed out, I guess you would have a place to put the boat while you get it fixed, eh? ....

Thanks for the compliments on the drawing and the name... I've always had a knack for naming things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast