Thread: Gimp Mac adding patterns

Help Gimp Mac adding patterns

Hi guys, I'm getting my mac laptop ready to use Gimp as I will be going on a trip home in a few weeks. I haven't figured out how to add patterns or gradients to gimp on a mac. I can't seem to find the folders. My mac runs OS X Lion if that helps in trying to figure out where the folders are. If anyone happens to know how to do this, I would be very appreciate of the advice.

I did a quick forum search but didn't find any info on this topic so I apologize if this is a repeat.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

you might want to do a search at the gimptalk site for more info about macs and gimp. You might also want to take a look at the Folders tab in the Preferences Window (You access the Preferences through the menu Edit->Preferences). Expanding the Folders will bring up more options, including Patterns. Click that and I hope you get the location of the Gimp folder(s) where the patterns are stored. At least you do on a windows machine, but I don't see the interface to be THAT different on a mac....I hope that helps
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

That did it! Thanks for the tip to check the folders in preferences! You are awesome and have some rep