Thread: Hello from the Most Callow of Cartographers!

Default Hello from the Most Callow of Cartographers!

Hello!

My name is Gerry, and I have no idea why I've found this place just now. It's everything I've dreamed about online in one convenient forum, I swear.

I'm 19, and have been dabbling in writing fantasy scenarios and creating the worlds that they transpire in. I've made a few maps before, but had always struggled to make things look consistent, realistic, and pretty as I never had the proper tools to do so. I'm most glad I found this forum right now as I have begun to rekindle my interest in fantasy cartography. I hope to share some of my work here soon!

\o/

Welcome to the Guild CallowCartographer, I look forward to seeing your work soon. There are some good discussions on mapping software floating around, and the tutorials section is brimming with helpful insights. Feel free to take advantage of them.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the welcome, Arsheesh. I am in awe at the amount of awesome resources on this forum. *A*

Now there's a word you don't see often. Callow.

Welcome!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

"It means frightened and weak-willed."
    "Damn. That was the only part of the letter I thought was complimentary."
    (My favorite callow-related movie quote)

Welcome to the Guild!

Thanks for the welcome, Lukc!

And Gidde, I was going for the "inexperienced" definition of callow, but thanks for the welcome anyway haha.