Thread: Map of Principality in Ural Mountains for Novel

Default Map of Principality in Ural Mountains for Novel

Hello Cartographers

I have written a novel which I am hoping to get published. It is a historical fiction set in a (non-existant) Principality called Dalnerechensk in the Ural Mountains of Russia. I am looking for someone to design a (basic, Tolkienesque) map to be published in the novel.

I am willing to pay for this work and will discuss this via email address (A newbie! Private Messages not available to me yet!) with any interested party.

I have attached a (cringe-worthy!) scanned self-drawn map to give you a basic idea of the layout of the principality. (This map is of the defense of Dalnerechensk against an invading Russian army. It includes the main features of the Principality - except for the mines near the village of Macherna.) I am looking for something fairly basic, Tolkienesque/Olde Worlde - the typical sort of map published in fantasy novels - black and white to spare the poor publisher's purses.

The scale/ratio does not have to be exact. It will be at the cartographer's discretion.

I am wanting the map as soon as possible - there is no formal time constraint, but after waiting over two years for other maps to come to fruition I am impatient to have it. However I will work with the cartographer and discuss a timeframe that is mutually agreeable.

I am happy for the cartographer to retain copyright of their map but would naturally require reproduction rights. The map will clearly be attributed to the cartographer in the published novel.

If you are interested, please email me at rachael --- underscore --- en zed ---- at ---- yahoo dot com. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dalnerechensk.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	44359  
    Last edited by Rachal; 04-27-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Blog Entries

I'd be interested as well, I like the hand-made tolkienesque style very much ... but I'm quite booked up until mid-May! My work is in my sig, I think. Some of it, anyway!

I'm interested. Couldn't get your email to work. Here are some samples of my maps. Please email me at adam at misteradam dot com if you would like to discuss further.
    http://www.misteradam.com/cartography.html
    Adam Schmidt
    Illustration and Cartography
    http://www.misteradam.com

Hi all, apologies for not responding earlier, busy busy!

Try the email address: rachael underscore nz at yahoo dot com, I was trying to cheat the spambots and might have made it a little confuddling.

Thanks very much for the responses, I will keep in touch via email. You all have such amazing work it's going to be difficult to choose!

TAKEN

Thanks very much to all those who responded.