Thread: [feedback] The Continent of Thalmaara

Default [feedback] The Continent of Thalmaara

Hello people of CG! This is my VERY first map creation I would just like some comments and constructive criticism, thanks!

I used a tutorial found on here and the brushes from someone else on here, can't remember their usernames ?:/

Anyway here it is!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MASSIVE UNDERTAKING.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	44366

Guild Apprentice

This is a good first effort, but there are some definite spots you could improve.

You have a few impossible rivers, either flowing from one ocean to another, or coming out of two ends of a lake and both ending in the ocean.

There are spots where your trees overlap the edges of the mountains in the bottom corner (the mountains should be towering over the trees, looks weird.)

I'm not fond of the translucent words either, but I guess that could be a personal preference.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Some overlapping symbols, but apart from this, good first map.

Hey thanks guys! Yeah Crudus I tried really hard to make sure all the rivers were the right way, I didn't make them individually so if it looks weird it's because my eye missed it not because I purposefully made it that way. But I will get better

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

The only thing I would add is that you could erase/dim the symbols under your labels so they show up better. But all in all, solid effort! Have some rep for posting up your first map

Dang thanks dude, but what's rep :p

See that lil green bar under the "Guild Applicant" title? That's your reputation (or at least, a highly abstracted version of it here at the Guild). Once you've posted 12 more times you too can give out reputation by clicking on the little Astrix on the bottom-left of someone's post (just to the right of "Blog this Post"). BTW, I think the map turned out nicely, especially for your first go at it.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Oh okay, thanks!

Except for the upside-down "The Mighty Bend", a solid effort - nice job.

Thanks for the CC's