Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dungeon Maps

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Thanks torstan! I still want to see the non square grid version since I use hexes, but the campaign file will definitely save some time.
    While I haven't been able to read up on VTT yet, I can offer the ruin maps without a grid for others to convert if they so wish.

PC Map (Click to Enlarge)

DM Map (Click to Enlarge)

Does this help?
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Turgenev View Post
    Does this help?
    Indeed it does! REPPED!!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Glad to have been of help, RPMiller. I have to admit that my interest in VTT has definitely been peaked.

As for my dungeon maps, I should have a new map ready soon. Before I was mainly making web friendly maps so they were at a low resolution. I've decided to scale my resolution up to print standard (300 dpi) for my next dungeon map (after all, it is easier to lower an image's resolution than it is to scale up).
    Cheers,
    Tim

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    ... love GH I've a Suel Cleric named FIST of KORD that you would just love to meet

Love the setup you have for the ruins... Incabulos is one of my favorite cult-ish gods... pestilence and disease always strike fear into PC's ... especially at the lower levels...
    I was going to use the Cult of the Hopping Prophet (Wastri) but I decided I wanted to go with the pestilence route and decided on Incabulos instead. I like to set up my campaigns with several NPC factions and then drop the PCs into the middle of the mix and see how things turn out.

In this case, I have the 'Plague of the Blackhand' Incabulos Cult, Humanoid/Human Bandits (sponsored by several Noble families from the Hold of the Sea Princes - these bandits are basically slavers raiding Keoland), and any other ideas that come to me as I flesh out the campaign (I still have a lot of work to do on the local geography of the campaign). I also have to finish writing up the adventure before my (face-to-face) game tomorrow night.
    Cheers,
    Tim

If you are interested in seeing what a VTT looks like in action I made a YouTube video a while back using GamerPrinter's map.

This is MapTool in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giLeonpfwKE
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

New dungeon map (click for a much larger hi-res version).

The Colour Floor Version:

The Black & White Floor Version:

Notes: Areas 2 & 29 could have a shallow pool of blood, or lava, or maybe they are colourful mosaic floor tiles. Areas 11, the corridor to 27, and area 39 all are open to a vast chasm. Brown doors are normal wooden doors and grey/silver doors are either metal doors or reinforced wooden doors.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Great map.. I like the colored doors you put in and both the colored floor and the plain one look great ....

Have you thought about putting in some drop lines to similute a perilous drop for those rooms? ... just a thought

Turgenev you are nailing that style beautifully. It really looks good. Old school but with a touch of class and panache. I love your work.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Thanks for the nice comments guys. That last map came to me in a dream. I'm tempted to use it for one of my own games.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Turgenev View Post
    Thanks for the nice comments guys. That last map came to me in a dream. I'm tempted to use it for one of my own games.
    I'm not sure I want to play in one of your dreams...

(Unless there are really cute bar wenches...)

(... then I might not want to know what you were dreaming about...)

Neurowiz

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast