Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] Groam

The mapping area divisions weren't ideal in this case. You'll notice that the Groamish Uplands continue on my map up to about the point where there is a ridge that links the two mountain ranges. Everything west of that ridge is Groam. To the east of the ridge was another nation, but I haven't determined what it was yet. I have sprinkled some tin and silver mines in the mountains that the Groamen would have been working, and they were probably in control of the mountain pass that leads to the north out of the Uplands.

That's why I've been so active in this particular discussion--it only makes sense that Torq's culture is/was present in my area. I'll be developing the central part of my map in a little while, although it's largely depopulated at this point.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    So on that note, I've got some more questions.

Is a man from Groam a Groamen man, or Groamish? Something else?

Are the cave dwellers known to the Groamen (or Groamish) people, or have they managed to stay hidden all these years? Am I the only one seeing grimlocks here?
    I think I've used all those variants at one time or another for the people of Groam. My preference is Groamen to describe the people of the area. It was raised as a descriptive title by someone on these threads and I just liked it. That would make a person from Groam and Groaman rather than a Groamen man (I think).

I only see Grimlocks when I drink tequila.

Torq
    Last edited by Torq; 04-22-2008 at 02:27 PM.
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    I think I've used all those variants at one time or another for the people of Groam. My preference is Groamen to describe the people of the area. It was raised as a descriptive title by someone on these threads and I just liked it. That would make a person from Groam and Groaman rather than a Groamen man (I think).

I only see Grimlocks when I drink tequila.

Torq
    Ack! I can't do tequila shots. Does bad things...

And as for the Groamans...This will be what I'm sticking with, if I understood you correctly. A Goaman man, the Groaman Council, and the fallen Groaman empire.

This is what's been in my head:

A man from Groam would be a Groaman. Several men from Groam would be Groamen.

A person or entity belonging to Groam would also be Groaman, although Groamish or simply Groam are also acceptable adjectives.

So the way I've been thinking about it: The Groam Council, the Groaman Council and the Groamish Council are all correct, although one form might be more common in a particular dialect than others.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Mid said exactly what I was trying to say, but in a clearer and more eloquent manner. Ditto.

Torq

....The Aquaduct?......

Torq

Groamen girls are highly sought after for Orvaelian doxy carts. Their robust and hardy bodies combind with abnormally high natural disease resistance make them perfect for long sea voyages.

As the old saying goes "When in Groam ........".

Torq

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast