Thread: This is where all Google searches for D&D related maps come to die...

Default This is where all Google searches for D&D related maps come to die...

Hello,

I finally registered after winding up on this site for the umpteenth time while searching for maps to flesh out a D&D campaign I'm running for my daughters (7 and 9 y.o.). I read them The Hobbit last summer, my oldest picked up Eragon in the fall, and it's been non-stop elves, dragons, dwarves, and such ever since. Finally went out an bought the newest edition of D&D since it was such a HUGE part of my own childhood (first edition books...big red efreet on the cover of the DMs guide...buying modules at B. Dalton bookstore because there wasn't a local specialty shop until I was in my teens). They love it! I'm still lukewarm on the 4th edition (not sure how I feel about "powers"...feels a little too video-gamey), but we wind up in fights a lot less often than we role-play through exploration and meeting new friends/villains, solving riddles, and just general make-believe-ing. So much fun.

I've held off on letting them watch the LoTR trilogy because I was afraid it might be too intense. Just watched it this weekend and it was a home-run, slam-dunk, standing ovation success! I'll be here a lot, I think, prepping for the kids' first big quest (they're traveling east from Fallcrest to Spellgard...mixed game worlds, I know, but I'm rolling with it). Found some great wilderness road battlemaps and a nice overhead view of a hamlet to use enroute to Spellgard. Look forward to participating in The Guild.

-Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

I have a 6 week old daughter, and it's great to hear your girls love fantasy stuff so much. Fingers crossed mine does too!

-Aaron

I've just started to play with my two oldest kids, they are five and ten, and they love it. And so do I because now I have a good reason to make more maps. And welcome to the guild
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Hello! I started to search for maps and cartography fantastic when I came across a problem. My world needed a "face". I write for my own supplements Banking RPG, where I play with my group of friends, and it was really hard to explain to them how it would be every place. I came up to the forum ...
    Thank you! (I'm from São Paulo Brazil, forgive my "English half-assed")

I don't have children yet myself, but I've always harbored the hope that when I do, and they come of age they would share my wife & I's love of fantasy. I've long looked forward to the day when I can watch my own children's eyes gleam with excitement of the unknown in exploring a pen & paper RPG setting for the first time. Glad to here that you are experiencing that first hand right now. You have come to the right place to craft maps that is certain. Welcome aboard.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I hold hopes that mine are into such things when they get enough to play