View Poll Results: What name do you think should be given to Region 1?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ginnungagap

0 0%
  • Umhlaba

2 7.69%
  • Selardar

1 3.85%
  • Torquis

4 15.38%
  • Guildistan

4 15.38%
  • Kinsymus

3 11.54%
  • Celanta

5 19.23%
  • Thra'sil

1 3.85%
  • Land of the Thousand Seas

3 11.54%
  • tak'Miore

1 3.85%
  • Torquinia

2 7.69%
  • Tarisch ("Tah-Reesh")

5 19.23%
  • Ansium

9 34.62%
  • The Region doesn't need a name yet

4 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Region Name Poll

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Using Ansium because it is in the lead at this point...

While I like the name of The Blightlands (obviously), I do think that the region should have some sort of proper name too. The land wasn't always plague-ridden, and surely they called it something before that. Of course the Blightlands moniker could be tacked on later...The Ansium Blightlands or something of the sort.

-IG
    I like Ansium too. I could not see describing the Thanelands of Skolvendun as saying:

This loose collection of Feudal Fiefs in the northwestern portion of the Blightlands comprises the larger Realm of Skolvendun.

instead of:

This loose collection of Feudal Fiefs in the northwestern portion of Ansium comprises the larger Realm of Skolvendun.

The first implies that the Thanelands are part of the Blightlands, which it isn't. (Ayt least in my mind). I see the Thanelands as free of any of the plague, and mostly as far as the general populace is concerned, oblivious to the affliction of the lands far to the south and east, concerning themselves more with raids from neighbouring thanes, the depradations of the monsters of the Fenlands, and simple survival.

Much like Medival Europe during the time of the crusades, I envision the majority of the peasants of Scotland as, sure they may have 'heard' of the Crusades in Church on Sunday, but to them it was something far and away, and Jerusalem was a magical place, a holiest of holy they would never visit.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

The land wasn't always plague-ridden, and surely they called it something before that.
    Really? Who called it something before that? I guess that my point is that they probably didn't call it anything. We have to remember that the area that we are talking about is several thousand miles on a side. The vast majority of the population probably knows nothing about geography, let along a huge area that they may or may not care about.

I like Ansium too. I could not see describing the Thanelands of Skolvendun as saying:

This loose collection of Feudal Fiefs in the northwestern portion of the Blightlands comprises the larger Realm of Skolvendun.

instead of:

This loose collection of Feudal Fiefs in the northwestern portion of Ansium comprises the larger Realm of Skolvendun.
    And I am just the opposite, NK. I think that the first sounds much better.

But in reality, it is a moot point . We will, as we should, go with the collective wisdom as indicated by the poll

So how long is this poll going to stay open until we decide on a name?

Yes, you're right. There have been no votes for a while. The name of the region is "Ansium". Congrats to the clever person who came up with that name. I will unstick the post. You can go ahead and use the name in the wiki.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Consider it done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12