View Poll Results: What name do you think should be given to Region 1?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ginnungagap

0 0%
  • Umhlaba

2 7.69%
  • Selardar

1 3.85%
  • Torquis

4 15.38%
  • Guildistan

4 15.38%
  • Kinsymus

3 11.54%
  • Celanta

5 19.23%
  • Thra'sil

1 3.85%
  • Land of the Thousand Seas

3 11.54%
  • tak'Miore

1 3.85%
  • Torquinia

2 7.69%
  • Tarisch ("Tah-Reesh")

5 19.23%
  • Ansium

9 34.62%
  • The Region doesn't need a name yet

4 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Region Name Poll

Question Region Name Poll

Please select your favourite name. These are names for the Region described as region 1 which is currently being mapped. Anyone and everyone should vote, regardless of whether you have mapped an area or not.

I will leave this poll open for some time to give everyone who is interested a good chance. You can select more than one name if you like a few.

Torq
    Last edited by Torq; 04-20-2008 at 06:36 AM.
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

I voted for Ansium, just because The Ansium Plague has a nice ring to it. I meant to get in with the suggestions of The Blightlands since this became a regional thing instead of the whole world; seems that's probably how the rest of the world would look at the area.

You never thought "Ginnungagap" would stand a chance, did you? ;-D

I voted for "doesn't need a name yet" because, frankly, I like IG's idea the best - the Blightlands.

That's good stuff.

I just read Torq's history of Groam part II.

Now, more than before, I think that the Blightlands should be the name. Although the plague will not affect the entire region, I think that it has the potential to be the single biggest plot point upon which all else revolves.

Oh, and Torq, I loved part II. Silvervein dying and a possible new nation rebuilding the walls from the East!?

It doesn't get any better than that.

Blog Entries

Well, since both you and I live in "Ole Blighty" why cant it be a colloquialism ?

WOA; wait... I remember the Europe in the Shadows sourcebook from the SR RPG, where the headline given for England was as follows:

Blighty by nature, blighted by nature (IIRC)

That would fit. Though one has to know the other meaning of blighty to get the pun.
    Two in harmony surpass one in perfection

Eh.. sorry I didn't get that in there sooner; this poll kind of sneaked up on me.

I'm not sure about the Blightlands as a name. The plague is particularly significant in Groam, but Groam is by no means one of the dominant or enlightened cultures in the area. On the contrary its a little backward. If there are to be dominant cultures in the region they are more likely to spring from Orvaelos, or the Steppe culture that Gamerprinter is putting together, form what we have seen so far, and these places, whose naming conventions are more likely to stick, are not significantly affected by the plague. Just my two cents.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Using Ansium because it is in the lead at this point...

While I like the name of The Blightlands (obviously), I do think that the region should have some sort of proper name too. The land wasn't always plague-ridden, and surely they called it something before that. Of course the Blightlands moniker could be tacked on later...The Ansium Blightlands or something of the sort.

-IG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast