Thread: The Quintessential Hello!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Quintessential Hello!

Hello my name is Dark Lemon, a moniker the result of both my Machiavellian bent and my lemony freshness! I stumbled across this website after searching through a few links for RPG (table top) campaign logs and instantly fell in love with some of the epic masterpieces people have produced.

I am a big fantasy geek currently based in the Northwest of England and a particular fan of Call of Cthulhu, D&D, Traveller and Paranoia, with a little Pathfinder for spice. Sadly, I am also someone who only got into this in recent years and I have really struggled to find any groups nearby and as such I remain an untested GM/DM/Keeper and generally a massive thorn in my fiancée's side as I fill folders with amateur map sketches, diagrams and pages of stats and other such bits. The poor long-suffering girl...

Anyhow, really looking forward to picking up a few more ideas and tips! Feel free to PM me... (though in 5 posts time!)

DL.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hello and welcome to the Guild!

Mmmmm.. lemony freshness! We will squeeze your citrousy goodness and leave you a hopeless rind! No.. wait what I meant to say is, Welcome to the guild! Rpg goodness abounds here. Bask in its warmth.

So then, do you subscribe to the citric existentialist dogma that "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"? Well, in any event you have come to the right place to indulge those desires which are the chagrin of your girlfriend. Look forward to seeing some of your work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the warm reception, all!

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    So then, do you subscribe to the citric existentialist dogma that "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"?
    No, I'm afraid I'm a Cave Johnson devotee:

Quote Originally Posted by Cave Johnson
    Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
    After all, science without results is just witchcraft.