Thread: Interactive Historical Atlas of the World

Default Interactive Historical Atlas of the World

Please come and check out my website: ChronoAtlas.com, the first fully interactive historical atlas of the world!

The site allows you to browse the entire globe at any point in history and see boundaries changing over time and cities and other features appearing on the map at the time they were founded. The site is also 100% interactive, you can contribute your own data: meaning your own cities, battles, and photos of historic places and events, and you can also draw boundaries of any historical kingdom you want, or edit those drawn by others if they are inaccurate.

The site has just been launched so feel free to suggest improvements. There are also some video tutorials on how to do stuff if you get stuck.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

This seems a bit like advertising, but it is so brilliant I don't care. Absolutely excellent, interesting website!

Quote Originally Posted by afters View Post
    This seems a bit like advertising, but it is so brilliant I don't care. Absolutely excellent, interesting website!
    Thanks for the feedback afters. I see that you have already joined the site. Let me know if you need any help working out how to do anything.

It is sort of advertising but I am not selling any products, the site is totally free to use. So really it is more like sharing a resource.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Yes, I joined and I plan on contributing when I get some time. I'm going to see the videos, but I just think this concept is really cool, especially for someone like me with a B.A. in History