Thread: A webGIS devel among artists

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Post A webGIS devel among artists

Hi all,

I discovery this forum working in a personal project. I'm studying and working developing WebGIS (Geospatial Information system), and had the idea to use the GIS to fictional maps like the "Songs of ice and fire", get some maps over net and made my first test here: http://fnorte.org/got

I'm still know this forum and etc, this link above it's just a initial tests, the idea is to be continued with more informations and more zoom levels to cities and other informations like characters routes, castle and cities information etc.

Ideias, help, comments are welcome.

Nice to meet you all...

My regards,

Fernando Norte
    Belo Horizonte - MG - Brazil

Welcome to the Guild fnorte. I'd recommend uploading the map image directly to the forums here. Clicking on links which lead away from the Guild is not always a safe endeavor. You can always use the "Insert Image" button in the text editor menu.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Blog Entries

Welcome. It's good to have another GIS type around.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Welcome to the Guild fnorte. I'd recommend uploading the map image directly to the forums here. Clicking on links which lead away from the Guild is not always a safe endeavor. You can always use the "Insert Image" button in the text editor menu.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    That wouldn't work, it's not just an image, It's a web page running an OpenLayers slippymap.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Info

Thanks you all for the greetings,
    Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    I'd recommend uploading the map image directly to the forums here. Clicking on links which lead away from the Guild is not always a safe endeavor. You can always use the "Insert Image" button in the text editor menu.
    Sorry arsheesh, but like Hai-Etlik said, it's not a map, I'm not draw any map, generally I use the map of yours to create a enviroment to navigate in them.
    In that exampled link above I just 'georeferenced' 3 different maps to be overlayed at the same position. In the future I want to find more maps with details of cities and regions to be zoomed to and create more rich details about this fiction world.
    Like the title post, I'm not an artist like yours, I'm a programmer that transform several map art pieces of yours in a rich detailed information composed.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the guild!
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)