• The Ziggurat of Ages - by Nighthawk

3 9.68%
  • Rift - by Sapiento

13 41.94%
  • Gooseneck Ridge - by Southern_land

6 19.35%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** April Challenge VOTING - Cinematic Fight Scene *** -- REBOOTED --

I went for Sapiento's because it looks like something I'd use in a Planescape game...I love Planescape. @Arsheesh: Suggestive?

As for the rest of you: superb stuff, really. They're all great. I especially liked the Ziggurat and the arena. Look as if they'd be fun battle sites. And...a lot of us groan when folks like Sapiento or Djekspek or several others I should mention enter a competition we feel we were doing okay in. Oh well. Gives you something to strive for. If one of my maps ever beats one of those pros I will buy myself a bottle of Dom!
    M

Question

These challenge maps are meant for rpg gameplay?
    Then I've been doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    These challenge maps are meant for rpg gameplay?
    Not necessarily, In most cases it is up to the cartographer. My maps are usually battlemaps made specifically for VTT or Tabletop RGP play, but that is just my choice. The voters more often favor the artistic entries.

This challenge is supposed to be more about pushing yourself to do something new or better than it is about winning.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

@Fury: what Bogie said, with the addendum that this particular challenge did lend itself well to that particular use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    And...a lot of us groan when folks like Sapiento or Djekspek or several others I should mention enter a competition we feel we were doing okay in. Oh well. Gives you something to strive for. If one of my maps ever beats one of those pros I will buy myself a bottle of Dom!
    M
    I know that feeling. Sometimes I'm glad I can still do the Lite challenge but then there is always some new upstart that just tears a new one in it. On the other hand, I actually really appreciate it when these more established/professionals enter because at the end of the day it's good for the site, it pushes me to my limits and I feel good about every vote I receive. It shows a level of quality you need to be at within the allotted time if you want to play in the big leagues. What I miss lately is seeing more of Ascension's work. *prod prod* Also, when it comes time to vote you always have some really good stuff to view which is awesome.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Congrats Sapiento!!! Great map!!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hey guys, Sapiento's away from his internet for a couple days but asked me to express his thanks to everyone if he won. So big thanks from Sapiento to all participants and voters!

And in the meantime I'm gonna go refresh my memory on how to give him his compass for when he gets back

Congratulations Sapiento. Excellent map, very cinematic and a well-deserved win.

A deserved award as well. Sap always puts out good work and it's a joy to see what he comes up with next.

@Jacktannery - Sorry about you loosing a vote with the reboot but you gain brownie points for pointing out that someone's entry got dropped from the lists. Way to be a good sport!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Guys, I'm back from my vacation.
    Many thanks to all voters and to all participants in this challenge!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12