3 9.68%
  • Rift - by Sapiento

13 41.94%
  • Gooseneck Ridge - by Southern_land

6 19.35%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** April Challenge VOTING - Cinematic Fight Scene *** -- REBOOTED --

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Default *** April Challenge VOTING - Cinematic Fight Scene *** -- REBOOTED --

This month's challenge was to map a truly climactic fight scene worthy of film. There were no special requirements other than to make it an epic battlemap, and we have some great entries!

Check them out here:

Please vote for ONE entry. The voting will end in 3 days time (May 5). Remember to rep your favorites (and certainly the one you vote for)!

*** Rebooted the voting thread as I had left an entry off the poll (/facepalm). ***

There were several worthy entries this month, but in the end I had to go with Sapiento's (somewhat suggestive) isometric map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Awesome entries! In the end I went with Bogie's, because that looks like FUN (in fact, I may have to print that out for my game).

Whoa!!!!! It looks like when "Gooseneck Ridge" was added into the Voting, the first 10 Votes got erased. If I am remembering correctly I had 1 vote, Fury had 2, JackTannery had 1, and Sapiento had 6. Can this be fixed on the poll or can those votes get added to the total at the end? Not that I don't mind the boost but it's only fair.

Oh, yeah, and Thanks Gidde and Jfrazierjr for your votes! I have never claimed to be much of an artist, so I make my maps to be fun to play on.
    Last edited by Bogie; 05-02-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Yeah, I had to restart the voting so that everyone could vote again now that all the entries were in the poll That darn Gidde, screwin' up the voting ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Can this be fixed on the poll or can those votes get added to the total at the end? Not that I don't mind the boost but it's only fair.
    We had a challenge back in June of 2009, I think, that went 3 days into voting, when there was a correction made, and voting had to start over again. So this has happenened before and there is no fix for it, other than running it over again.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Member Facebook Connected Nighthawk's Avatar

Bested once again by a late entry... I gotta learn to not post mine until the very last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Bested once again by a late entry... I gotta learn to not post mine until the very last day.
    That's the way it goes, I thought it was going to be you & I giving each other a run for the money, right up until Sapiento posted his great map.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Eh, including the challenges that I have won, all my challenge entries are usually done in the first 3 days of the challenge - I never wait for the last minute. I don't think when you post your map has much to do with the voting. It's the map itself that means everything.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Don't feel bad Gidde. After all, the instructions are there for everyone to read and usually one of us here notices if someone forgets to post using the # Latest WIP stuff and we mention it to the entrant. Ah well, now I have vote myself...

Lots of nice entries and some I liked more than others for certain reasons. If I get time I will explain that but in the end I just went with the one I thought would be most likely to use while running my gaming group.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 05-03-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast