Thread: dundjinni?

Default dundjinni?

Does anyone know if Dundjinni is still in development? The last time I visited the website, it looked like it was dormant. The "purchase" links were all broken. I tend toward CC3, but often used Dundjinni for interiors...

Guild Novice

The store was down over a year, but recently came back up without any comment. I'd say it's pretty dead, but there's always the possibility the owner will start caring again.

At one point DundJinni version 2.0 was in full development but when Windows Vista came out it forced her to pay for an updated version of The original Dundjinni ( now ver 1.0.7 ). The cost of that programming buried version 2 just long enough for the recession to really mess things up. The store went down when she had a death in the family. She recently responded to the Hosting Company authorizing them to reactivate the store. One small but major step up.

Further development of DJ 2.0 is unkown. The Forums are still quite active and a lot of art still gets posted there. We suffered through a massive spammer attack and had to make it more difficult to register to stop them. While that worked, I am sure that we also prevented some new people from joining who would have if it were easier.

If you already own DundJinni and don't have the registration code for the program or any artpacks you may have purchased at the DJ "Store" you should login, go to the store and download them. Put them someplace safe in case you ever need to reinstall. Myself and the other Admins have some control over what happens with the Forums but absolutely ZERO access to the store side of the website.

If you are not familiar with DundJinni Forums come check it out. Despite the problems we have had, The Forums are one of the largest repositories of RPG mapping artwork and battlemaps on the web ( over 75,000 pieces and growing ) and can be used with or without Dundjinni as it is all in jpeg or png format. ( Only the art that comes with DJ or is sold in the store is the proprietary .djx format. All the User art on the forums is png or jpg )
    Last edited by Bogie; 05-02-2012 at 10:45 PM.

To Bogie's excellent summary, I would add that you can find the Dundjinni (TM) forums at:

http://www.dundjinni.com/forums/
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Anyone else getting a DB error when trying to access the forums?

Q

That's a ISP error that crops up on occasion, it usually only lasts a couple hours.

Thanks for that update, Bogie. It's good to finally know what's going on over there.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name