Thread: regional map - knights' fellowship

Wip regional map - knights' fellowship

Working on a map in CC3 (in the fantasy worlds style) for the region my players will be questing in for the next few adventures. The region is built around the three civilizations that live there, dwarves in the mountains to the north, elves in the forest in the south, and humans in the open in the middle. This map is focused on the humans with little to no detail given on the domains of the other races.

The humans have formed in to a lawful country called the Knights' Fellowship, ruled by a council of knight lords in sort of a feudal confederacy. Each knight lord rules over his own subregion of the country. Lesser knights are then responsible for border defenses including a large fortress at the only pass through the eastern mountains and a series of guard towers along the outskirts of the elven forest (sort of a cold war going on with the elves).

Map is still a work in progress, so I'm open to ideas for improvements. I've rendered two versions, one with and one without the knights' subregions marked out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knights Fellowship.PNG 
Views:	96 
Size:	820.2 KB 
ID:	44472Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Knights Fellowship with borders.PNG 
Views:	95 
Size:	929.7 KB 
ID:	44473

Not bad. I think the political borders are a little on the dark side though, I haven't used CC3 and don't know if it's possible to do this, but if you can, I'd recommend turning the opacity of the borders down a bit.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh