Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April/May 2012 Lite Challenge Entry: Fallen Citadel

Default April/May 2012 Lite Challenge Entry: Fallen Citadel

Unbeknownst to men a battle of epic proportions is raging with the casualties seen in the fallen fortresses of every snowstorm.

Below is one such Citadel: (My entry is a snowflake turned into a fortress. I figured I needed to post or I would never get started - the final will be larger.)

I want to give credit to www.snowcrystals.com for the initial image I started with. They have a ton of awesome images of magnified snowflakes as well as lots of information about how these things form.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 05-14-2012 at 12:38 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I'll never think of a star fort quite the same way ...

very nice idea

Good place to start!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Good idea! This challenge is bringing out such cool entries! (err ... no pun intended.)

I plan to show this as a blueprint style document complete with names for locations etc but this is where I am so far.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fallen Citadel (Snowflake).jpg 
Views:	610 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	44576  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Completed more of this. I think it's roughly about what I want. I now have to format it as a blueprint with labels and so on. I will probably tweak the coloring a bit as well once I have a background I will use.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	925 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	44617  

Huh, what an interesting idea. And the execution thus far is fabulous.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Ok, working on creating a nice looking blueprint document. I haven't done this before so it's all experimentation. I'm struggling a bit with the layout yet but as long as I can keep fitting the pieces in and it looks ok I guess I'll keep going in this direction.

I shrunk this one down a bit because it seemed like it was getting too big to take in on my screen. I might put it back at the full size.

Note: As I come to the labels I am wishing I could remember a lot more of my physics and molecular sciences. I'm talking Snowflake size here and I was imagining the weapon systems (certain of the circles) as being a sort of electron accelerators or maybe quark accelerators or something. I suppose I could just go with generic names as used in most typical sci-fi starships but I kind of wanted to stay within the microscopic sizes.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	273 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	44674  
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 05-09-2012 at 03:30 AM.

Looking good! Keep it at this size. The larger size was making the snowflake look pixelated. This is cleaner looking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast