Thread: Map for Sci-fi/Fantasy book

Default Map for Sci-fi/Fantasy book

Hello all,

I need a "world" map for a sci-fi/fantasy book I've written. The book is going to be self-published, so I don't have a ton of money to throw around (the chances of me actually making money on this book are pretty slim when you consider how much competition there is). But I would like something as professional-looking as possible, so I'm willing to pay if you're willing to work with me a bit on the price. Essentially just send me what you consider to be a fair price and we'll discuss from there. Timeframe would be before the end of the month if possible, the sooner the better.

I'm attaching my rough sketch. I apologize if things are unclear (especially the lettering). I can answer any questions you have about what things mean, etc. Really, while there are a few portions which need to replicated exactly (the layout of the roads and rivers around Marlden for example), most of the rest of the world is pretty open to interpretation. For style I'm looking for generic fantasy; really, the more generic the better, as the book is sort of a send-up of fantasy tropes. It doesn't even need to be in color or could be a line drawing if that makes things easier; think old-school D&D sourcebooks for example. But really, I'm not too picky about the style, the main things I'm looking for are quick turnaround time, price and that it looks good .

I need exclusive commercial rights but you keep the copyright. Payment by paypal or check or whatever is convenient for you and possible for me. You'll also get a credit in the book and I'll send you a free copy if you'd like to read it (I don't know if I'll be doing a print edition or not, but you can let me know if you're interested in that).

I've been browsing around the site for a while and seeing some really amazing talent here, so hopefully one of you can help me make my dream come true. I can be reached at teetee at gmail.com.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	701.6 KB 
ID:	44612  
    Last edited by kyuz; 05-07-2012 at 11:35 PM.

Guild Novice

I would be interested in working on your map. If you could email me at hazenjp .at. gmail .dot. com we can work out the details.

So are you planing to use this for an e-book? Reason being is there are some things to keep in mind so it will look good.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

I'm interested, email sent.

Jaxilon - Yes, the creator should expect it to be distributed in epub/mobi/pdf format and be viewed on the various e-reader devices out there. Thanks.

Hey all,

This request has been taken. Thank you so much everyone who offered to help.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Its done.
    The map was orientated on the style of my Arden-Maps Lineup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW.jpg 
Views:	2110 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	44773