Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [CC3] The Duchy of Norwell

Post [CC3] The Duchy of Norwell

Here's a map I did for BastionLightbringer over on EN World's Free Map Request thread. I used the Peter Fenlon style pack from the January 2008 Cartographer's Annual and some of the symbols I created from the TrueType dingbat symbols font that comes with the AutoREALM program available here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	norwellfenlon08.JPG 
Views:	840 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	3210  
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

That's a nice map.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    That's a nice map.
    Thank you, sir.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Very Nice Map Jaerdaph, clear and eye-catching. I really like it. Now, would you like to sign up for the Collaborative World Mapping Project now or would you like to attend a no-obligations presentation?

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

I really like the bright, crisp colour scheme, jaedaph. I wonder with CC3 maps whether, as postwork it would be worth taking it into Gimp or Photoshop to get rid of the aliasing by giving it a one pixel blur. Must try it when I get home.

I didn't find a one pixel blur useful on my Vendria map. The features all looked great, but the only way I could get acceptable antialiasing for my text was to do the labeling in Corel Photopaint. Of course, my chosen font had very narrow lines, so that may have had quite a bit to do with it.

The aliasing issue is the biggest issue I have with CC3 at the moment. I like it for building terrain, but I think I'll continue doing my labeling and icons in a raster program.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Thanks everyone. This map is entirely CC3 work - I exported the JPG directly from CC3.

I've never liked how fonts look when exported from CC2 (and now CC3) either. I think I might start labeling my CC3 maps as post-work in another program like GIMP or Fireworks.
    jaerdaph

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Very Nice Map Jaerdaph, clear and eye-catching. I really like it. Now, would you like to sign up for the Collaborative World Mapping Project now or would you like to attend a no-obligations presentation?
    Oh I so wish I could because I really like what you guys are doing, but alas as you all know I've been forced to making rare "guest" appearances of late. I'm also starting law school at night in the fall (on top of a full-time job),which is certain to eat up my remaining free time.

I just wish the firm I'm working at now would let me install CC3 on my computer. I get extended periods of downtime before the crunch sets in again, and it would be nice to be able to do something besides twiddle my thumbs and surf the net.
    jaerdaph

Jaerdaph rocks.

'nuff said.

--me
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

I was just wondering what font you used...Ive been looking for it every where and havent ever discovered the name

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast