So I'm fairly new around here, and after picking up various techniques and experimenting with various others through trial and error, I've decided to use a technique that meshes slightly realistic coloring and detailed coastlines with sketchy mountains and more fantasy traditional schemes of paper/back ground.

Most of the mountain brushes came from deviant art so credit to: calthyechild, StarRaven, Mawstock, and I-A-Grafix, if anyone recognizes one I may have missed, please let me know.

I've been working on a fantasy story for a long, long time, and I've drawn (by hand) several different designs for this map before finally settling on this one. It's a fairly epic story that will cover thousands of years from the beginning of time until the end of time. I have a lot of ideas for this map, I'll be adding further detail, islands, names, etc. later on, as well as close ups of regions and alternates including political boundaries.

But, in the mean time, please let me know what you think and any suggestions, criticisms are welcomed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Telani Top Color.jpg 
Views:	1078 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	44571

Thanks a million!
JB