Thread: The Land of Pellon

Guild Apprentice

Default The Land of Pellon

Hi guys,

After not having enough time to finish my Cartographer's Challenge map, I wanted to try out a new style that was less time consuming and still looked good.
    I started this map Friday night and finished it on Sunday, I'm pretty happy with the results.

This is a map of a pathfinder world that I am playing in. I offered to draw the DM a map from the one he created in MS Paint - I hope he likes it! I'm attaching the original map and the political map as well. Constructive criticism is always welcome

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pellon.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	3.49 MB 
ID:	44600
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GeographicMap1.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	44599   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pellon Political.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	3.54 MB 
ID:	44601  
    Last edited by lothel; 05-07-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Any DM worth their salt will be very pleased to have a map at all. This is a good solid map and for the time it took you to make it, this is a good showing! With some time and practice you will be making even more amazing maps, so keep up the good work. You are obviously looking at the right reference maps for this style as you have the different elements made the way I see them all over the site

One of the hardest parts is finishing and having the courage to post is as finished... Keep it up. Reped
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

This is a nice map indeed, though some of the mountains are a bit blurry. I would recommend drawing different sets of mountains to the scale you want them (rather than adjusting their size) next time. Otherwise, nice job.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

This map looks pretty nice. There's only a few things that need to be tweaked in my opinion (river mouths, size differences end up in a blurry result). However i love the forest, maybe if you'd add some tree trunks, that would make it more amazing.

I really like the individual elements like mountains or the little tower. In my opinion the single elements don´t build up a whole as the colours don´t seem to fit and the different stroke sizes do not match. I would try to take down the coastline stroke and make the different colours match in saturation and brightness. Keep on going, this will be good.