Thread: Legendary Arkhosia

Map Legendary Arkhosia

Hei guys

I recently started to draw maps of my campaign world and figured the first good rest would be to draw something small. Arkhosia, which in my world is a mythic of an ancient era, much like the legendary atlantis. I'm working on developing some methods to various parts of the map and hoped I could get some feedback on my progress so far. Keep in mind this is still a work in progress and the image I am posting is primarily about the colors (which admitted is a bit weird), the coastline, and the ocean. There are no roads, urban settlements, mountains, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arkhosia-v2.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	44618  

Guild Adept

The rivers seem a bit odd, but the basic shapes look alright.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Odd as in too thick or just shape in general? The back of the island is dominated by a long mountain range, creating an almost spine that runs the length of the island. Ofc, they aren't shown on the map so the rivers sort of hang in middle of nowhere at this moment.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I think he meant they're doing weird things. For instance, you have 2 rivers joined at their springs (doesn't happen; they start apart and flow into each other). Take a look at the How to get your rivers in the right place sticky in the tutorial forum for some good river info

Ahh, kk cheers for that. Will have a look

The most noticable thing to work on are indead the rivers. All rivers tend to flow to the sea, they join togther, but don't split up, and they tend to get wider as you get closer to the sea. Those three are the rules I usually follow . Other than that, you might try to smooth the outline of the land a bit more. It seems a bit 'pixely' at times.
    But a good start!