Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contest Map Entry!

Wip updated...

OK, the fountain image, I changed the grout to a lighter grey - I thought the other was way too dark. I also pooled the blood in the grout area only. Its improved.

RobA> rescanned and placed a darker color as the alpha channel background.

WIP so far...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fountain.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	3289   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pit-fixed.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	3290  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Much better. You might consider "washing" the stone tiles with the blood though. Specifically the grooves in the stone would have remnants of the blood and then a very light "smearing" of blood on the flat surfaces, and I think it would be nailed at that point.

That pit is quite intimidating. I hope those body parts aren't still "alive" down there. I feel sorry for the poor sod that ends up at the bottom.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

The pit is great.

On the subject of blood, a thin layer or smear of blood can dry with quite a light colour, but the deeper pools are actually surprisingly dark.

So I'd use light streaks across the top of some stones, with darker poolings between them.

You can probably find a million images through a GIS of different fluids pooling, to get ideas for natural looking distributions.

The fountain of course is presumably still fluid so the brightness there is great.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For blood I always suggest using a very light pink color on a layer set to "Color Burn" It's like the best blood in the world...especially if you DON'T use a solid color like the example I'm going to post and instead use a light pinkish brown dirt texture on color burn...its REALLY nice.

Check it...one is without color burn, other is with.

Name:	notburn.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	3302   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burn.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	3303  
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Wip So far...

Arcana, I really like that blood - I'll have to give that a try!

For now, here's the Lich's Lair map so far. The chamber to the northeast of the Pit is the "Summoning Chamber" east of that is the "Binding Chamber" holding a nether planar being for enslaved power source...

Thinking about adding a second floor, with access from the "Masoleum - access to lower crypt" the chamber due east on the opposite side of the structure from the "Pit Chamber". I might stairs upward in this chamber.

To give you an idea of scale, each octagonal chamber is 50 feet across.

WIP so far...

Name:	lich-lair.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	3306  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 04-26-2008 at 02:48 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

It's coming together well, though I think that the pit room would look more effective if the edge of the oubliette had the same flooring as the other rooms...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    For blood I always suggest using a very light pink color on a layer set to "Color Burn" It's like the best blood in the world...especially if you DON'T use a solid color like the example I'm going to post and instead use a light pinkish brown dirt texture on color burn...its REALLY nice.

Check it...one is without color burn, other is with.
    Very nice hint! REPPED!

So do you have the specific color that you like to use for blood? That would be good to add to my color palette.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I thought Arcana was hinting that he uses a different color than what he posted above thus the question.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I usually try to get a good pinkish brown color...really light...I never use the same color...I just pick whatever looks good for my selected stone color...the color in the example above was just picked to show the effect.

Thanks for the Rep...no one hardly ever reps me I think...hehehe
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast