Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contest Map Entry!

I get ya. So it really really depend on the background that you are applying it to? That actually makes a lot of sense in hind sight.

I know exactly how you feel on the rep situation.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Gameprinter... I want to be you... that is about the best compliment I can give here..

Post Now that I have time...

Now that I have a little time to get back to this other contest map. The break was good, because I'm going a different direction.

I really didn't like the color scheme and some of the chambers created and I hated the floor. I liked my new spider map object and I decided to integrate it with this map. I experimented with a parchment background I think this looks much better.

I'll spend the next few nights doing the chambers and halls - and get this map done. The contest ends June 1st, so I've got to get at it.

WIP so far...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lhessadrak-new.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	3667  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

GP,
    Do you mind letting me know where the contest is at. I think I might enter the NPC generation portion (or another one you do not enter)

Info DnDAdventure.com

Quote Originally Posted by GM's Apprentice View Post
    GP,
    Do you mind letting me know where the contest is at. I think I might enter the NPC generation portion (or another one you do not enter)
    GMA, the contest is at http://www.dndadventure.com

You will need to post a request for admittance in the "Bot Trap", but then you should be able to join and post an entry. Contest has map, short story, NPC builds as categories.

Good Luck!

Sorry I got the URL wrong - corrected above dndadventure.com is the site!
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-17-2008 at 01:52 PM. Reason: wrong URL
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Love the new style. I've been waiting for an update to this one, but didn't expect it to be so radical

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the change looks quite awesome GP...I LOVE the color contrasts and the hatching. The hand drawn symbols REALLY pop in this one too.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Wip Updated WIP

OK, added a few chambers worth of stuff.

Added the summoning chamber between the Pit Vestry and Demon-Spider binding chamber. Directly below the summoning chamber is the Gaol, to hold prisoners and "patients", next room is the start of a torture/vivisectionery chamber.

Oh I changed the altar into a kneeling demon skeletal deity and moved the skull into part of the map title. Also added a byline below. Plan to place a scale bar beneath this.

Opposite side of the main entrance on the far side is a guardian chamber containing 12 skeletal warriors and a skeletal giant, next room contains the vampiric nunnery.

This map will include square grid at 1 square = 5 feet for the contest entry. I will offer a VTT version without grid, and several of the map objects removed.

GP

Moving right along!

WIP so far...

Name:	lhessadrak-wip.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	3691  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-19-2008 at 12:19 PM.
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip half done...

Not much different than the last post, but I'd say I'm half way done with this map. Although top floor chambers aren't numbered yet, I know which ones they are. Oh the Phylactery Chamber is a false one, the actual phylactery is hidden and protected by the ghost oracle in the last chamber.

I've created the outline for the front elevation illustration of the citadel, and that will be located above the room list on the lefthand side.

I'm still unsure whether to include a square grid or not, I'm hedging against it, and placing a scale beneath title logo, instead.

I plan to create a skeletal bat-like imp as the compass rose at top right.

WIP so far...

Name:	lhessadrak.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	3708  
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast