Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Ascension's Atlas Style Tutorial - Revised Presentation + Actions

Last edited by Lothebork; 01-04-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Thanks for the tutorial, I did it a few months ago but decided to post it now.

Default Thank you

Thanks for tutorial.

Guild Applicant

Default A big thank you

Just wanted to give credit where credit was do and thank you for this!

Thanks for the tutorial!
    My first try: https://imgur.com/a/2nRu2

I know i need to improve but i'm happy with the result since most other maps i've done looked like crap.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected justkae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fieari View Post
    I love the tutorial! I went through the manual version completely, but alas, my laptop crashed midsave near the end, and I lost the whole thing. Two whole days of work gone!

I figured this would be a good time to switch to the actionscript version to recreate my work (*sob*), but I'm getting the same problem some other people are... step 7 just isn't working right.

This looks absolutely nothing close to resembling what I had when doing it manually. The lighting is messed up, and the gradient is different too! What's going wrong? I'm using Photoshop CC, which I believe is the same as CS6.

Can anyone help? Is there something wrong with the script as uploaded, given that some others have expressed issues with this step as well?
    There are two different types of gradient map. Gimme a moment open up my photoshop to show you some screencaps...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gradient1.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	378.4 KB 
ID:	99142 You are doing (1), you can do (3) but (2) is what you should be doing

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected justkae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sierro View Post
    Hiya,

I'm having a problem with the action "Atlas 1 - Step 7". After I run this action, there seems to be a sort of vignette being applied somewhere. I've attached a picture showing what I mean.

Attachment 70696
    have a look at your hills layer/other cloud-based layers - it looks like the corners are really dark.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

So I've made one of these before but I've run into some problems on some new maps.

One of them I've gotten to the borders phase and it's all been fine except for making the actual borders. I've got the lines, I've snipped them off from the ocean. However, when I try to select a country I've set aside, it gets the entire island. (The world is made up of a lot of closely interconnected islands, basically.) It doesn't seem to identify that I've formed a border. It ignores the line I've drawn and just chooses the whole island.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Hey GodfatherBrak

Quote Originally Posted by godfatherbrak View Post
    So I've made one of these before but I've run into some problems on some new maps.

One of them I've gotten to the borders phase and it's all been fine except for making the actual borders. I've got the lines, I've snipped them off from the ocean. However, when I try to select a country I've set aside, it gets the entire island. (The world is made up of a lot of closely interconnected islands, basically.) It doesn't seem to identify that I've formed a border. It ignores the line I've drawn and just chooses the whole island.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
    Hey GodfatherBrak did you ever find out how to fix that border problem? im at the something and i cant find a way to fix it.

Very well done... I am using the color solution for my new map

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567